Fwd: Re: Fwd: kdebase/kcontrol/ebrowsing/plugins/ikws/searchproviders

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Jun 6 22:37:21 BST 2004

On Sunday 06 June 2004 22:46, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> Dnia niedziela, 6 czerwca 2004 22:22, David Faure napisaƂ:
> > Some more... I wonder how far we should go though.
> >
> > IMHO news websites are too much (too specific), but maybe e.g. wordnet is
> > a good idea.
>
> Hello,
>
> IMO web shortcuts should be splitted to various kde modules:
> CPAN, MSDN, php_resources - kdesdk
> freedb - kdemultimedia
> heise* - kde-i18n-de
> CTAN - bonus for kile or kdesdk
> b.k.o - kdesdk
>
> etc.
>
> Currently there is a mess - Google is on the third screen :/
> Number of default web shortcuts should be reduced to fit on one or two
> screens.

I agree (except for the b.k.o shortcut - it's useful for kde users too, not only for developers).

Another solution would be a Category entry in the .desktop file, and using this to
group shortcuts by category in the kcontrol module (making the listview hierarchical).
The actual shortcuts would have to remain unique across categories, of course, to
still work in konqueror. Categories would simply make the kcontrol module more
useable (well, hopefully...)