Last step for accesskeys...

bj at altern.org bj at altern.org
Fri Jul 30 15:34:53 BST 2004

On Friday 30 July 2004 11.06, Tobias Anton wrote:
> I'd even say that the accesskey feature shouldn't have a timeout at all,
> since there is a visual feedback on the changed input handling. And since
> it is easy to find out how to leave the accesskey mode (simply type the
> same key again or hit ESC), a timeout is no good except creating
> unnecessary pressure on the user. This is even counter-productive in terms
> of usability IMHO.

Yes, I was also thinking about the use of this timeout, and in the end, I
don't really see a good reason to keep it, since pressing any key will turn
the feature off (or activate an accesskey if the key matches any defined
accesskey).

If it is ok for everyone, I will commit the "display accesskey" patch in a few
hours, remove the timeout and include Lubos's proposition to also swallow key
events that don't match any accesskey.

jean-baptiste