wrong size of the outline rectangle

Tobias Anton TA at ESC-Electronics.de
Thu Jul 29 14:35:37 BST 2004

On Sonntag, 9. Mai 2004 22:42, Leo Savernik wrote:

> Merged outline painting fixes from WebCore.
>
> - Fixes the case when outlines (especially those of focussed links) were
> not completely drawn (i. e. the top or bottom outline border was missing).
> - Additionally, outlines around blocks are drawn like borders as mandated
> by CSS. - Now paints outlines around RenderInlines, not around RenderTexts
> anymore.

Hi,

Please have a look into the attachment for a comparison of outline rectangles
on images between KDE 3.1 and KDE CVS HEAD. You'll notice that the outlines
have completely different sizes but are placed on the same baseline.

(Screenshot taken from kdelook.org)

Could it be that since your patch, KHTML uses different coordinates for
drawing the outline than before? I didn't look into your patch, I'm just
curious whether this is a regression since KDE 3.1 or one that has not been
released yet.

Cheers
-- Tobias