Application for list of SSL Signers

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Jul 22 11:07:38 BST 2004

Am Dienstag, 20. Juli 2004 18:25 schrieb George Staikos:

Hi,

> It is extremely complicated for us to add certificates to our database
> because we have few resources, no formal procedures, and no budget.  Some
> of those problems are interdependent which makes it even more difficult to
> overcome. The best option you have right now is to file a feature request
> against "kio - kssl" in http://bugs.kde.org/ and maybe we'll be able to
> address this at some point.  Most of these requests unfortunately go
> unfilled for a long time, until they appear in IE or Mozilla.

FYI: On one hand putting a root certificate into IE costs many millions of
dollars and additional annual fees.

On the other hand if we put a new root certificate (for free) in konqueror it
puts serious liability issues on us.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de