DOM::Node::getRect problem. Help please.

Michael A. Borisov mic at i-house.ru
Mon Jul 19 07:18:28 BST 2004

Hi All,

I'm using KHTML for my embeddable browser. Presently my goal is to
implement a mouseless navigation for my browser.

The problem is sometimes DOM::Node::getRect returns wrong coordinates of
DOM objects. Usually it occures for images. I investigated this problem
and I understand that it depends on scrolling.
For example if image width is smaller than KHTMLView::visibleWidth()
then getRect() returns correct coordinates. But if image width is bigger
than KHTMLView::visibleWidth() getRect() returns wrong x and y and
negative width and height.

I solve this problem with the help of JavaScript code invokation from
KHTMLPart object. But it is not fast anough.

It is very important for me to solve this problem ASAP. Any your help or
suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Respectfully yours,
Michael Borisov.