[Patch] Fixing the Access Key system

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Jul 15 09:47:18 BST 2004

On Thursday 15 of July 2004 02:28, bj at altern.org wrote:
> Ok, I finally committed the change in the accesskey system (fixing #83053).
> You now have to press and release the ctrl button before pressing your
> accesskey. I commited in a hurry, because of the new string.
>
> I also managed to make a much improved version of my "display all
> accesskeys" feature, using QLabels as Lubos suggested (patch attached).
> They now integrate & scroll nicely with the view. I didn't commit this
> part, since It is kind of a new feature & don't want to take the decision
> alone.

 I think you're leaking QLabel's, close() doesn't delete the widget unless it
has WDestructiveClose set (or you could connect to deleteLater() instead of
close() ). The labels also don't update position if the page relayouts and
the position of the element with accesskey changes, not sure how to fix that,
but that's just a minor glitch. Other than that I like it and I'd support
committing it.

 I also noticed another problem with accesskeys after you changed the
activation to just Ctrl: It doesn't work if the focus is e.g. in a lineedit,
and it used to with Ctrl+Alt. You can try it e.g. in linuxtoday.com
discussions.

> >  BTW, please use -p when creating diffs.
>
> Sorry, my cvs complains about knowing nothing about -p, will investigate
> ASAP.

 That's an option for diff. It makes header for every diff section contain
also the function name.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer