activate vs. click event

Tobias Anton TA at ESC-Electronics.de
Sat Jul 10 13:47:58 BST 2004

Sorry, my last mail went out unfinished.

I have another suggestion: Please let the label element move the focus to its
target instead of having the target focus itself. This makes things easier.

Preferably, you could add a line of code to
HTMLLabelElementImpl::defaultEventHandler(). A call to
document->setFocusNode(newNode) would be perfect here.

And, finally, I have an idea what to do about the onclick-handler problem:

We could declare NodeImpl::handleLocalEvents virtual and reimplement it in
HTMLInputElementImpl so that it clears a flag "changed by JS".

And when HTMLInputElementImpl::setChecked is called, it sets the flag to
"true".

During the defaultEventHandler, the change is only performed if the flag is
false. This would give JS actions precedence over default event handler
actions without changing the call sequence.

How about it? I think this would work, wouldn't it?

Cheers
-- Tobias