weird problems with konqueror (KHTML specifically) in KDE 3.3 Beta1

Osho GG oshogg at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 11:05:58 BST 2004

Hi,

I just compiled KDE 3.3 Beta1 using Konstruct so I can
test it and provide feedback. So far, things look
really good and very stable (surprising!).

The only thing that is worrysome is that khtml seems
to be severely broken. In Konqueror,

- gif, jpeg images don't display. But, png images do
display.
- spacing and layout of webpages is screwed for many
sites (including cnn.com; google.com search results
etc.).

I can provide screenshots if you think that will help.

I have compiled KDE 3.2.3 using Konstruct on the same
(Mandrake 10.0 Official) system previously and it has
worked fine - so I think that I should most dependent
libraries.

I am not sure if the problem is with the way I am
compiling. The only change I made to konstruct's
default configuration (besides where KDE is installed)
is with OWN_CFLAGS setting. It is

OWN_CFLAGS = -O3 -pipe -falign-functions=4
-fomit-frame-pointer -mfancy-math-387 -march=pentium3

Everything else (Kicker, Kwin, Konsole, Kontact,
Kcontrol, Kicker Applets) is also compiled with the
same flags and is working just as good (actually,
better) than 3.2.3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Osho