search bar floats

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Jul 2 13:16:42 BST 2004

El 13:59, venerdì 02 luglio 2004, David Faure escribió:
> On Friday 02 July 2004 11:34, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> > Dnia piątek, 2 lipca 2004 10:31, Luciano Montanaro napisał:
> > > There are two problems, actually. One is that, as you say, there is no
> > > way to lay out the toolbars, and keep them the way you prefer in a
> > > predictable way. The other is that there is no way to enable/disable
> > > Konqueror plugins. Since the number of Konqueror plugins is growing,
> > > this is beginning to be a problem. The most cited unwanted plugin is the
> > > Cervisia part - which I find quite valuable, but which freaks out our
> > > usability team...
> >
> > Cervisia is fine. Maybe its icon should appear on toolbar when in
> > current dir is CVS dir, otherwise hidden in menus?
>
> Sure. But technically it's not as easy, since this is all handled in a rather
> generic way (konq simply asks for which views can handle inode/directory).
> So unless you have a patch...

Is it feasible the mime type be specialized? I.E. can we add
inode/cvsdirectory, inode/picturedirectory etc. ? Since konqueror can scan
the directories (to show the content overlay on the folder icon), it could as well
change the mimetype attribute during the scan. Then, when displaying specialized
directories, the plugins registered for the directory type could be enabled.

Luciano