search bar floats

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Thu Jul 1 17:02:48 BST 2004

El 15:51, giovedì 01 luglio 2004, Koos Vriezen escribió:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that current CVS has a search bar like mozilla. But as I prefer
> the old gg: way, I disabled it. What i did is Settings|Configure Toolbars
> (as this one doesn't show up in the Settings|Toolbar list) and then move
> 'Search Bar' to the 'Available actions' list.
> I works, until I opened another page (might be I went to a application/inode
> part in between) and the search combo reappears as a floating window.
>
> Feature or bug?

I'd say bug. I too find the bar is a bit too eager to popup. I have changed its
.rc file in my local copy to make it separate, and to be able to disable it from
the settings menu, but it pops up even if I try to disable it.
I think there should be a way to disable the bar, as 	there is for the rellink
bar (of which, on the other hand, I have three copies in my konqueror window,
currently:-(, so that too may need some fix.).

Luciano