ideas for konqueror.org

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Jan 18 19:05:04 GMT 2004

Hi,

IMHO www.konqueror.org is quite boring in the current state, especially
considering the fact how exciting konqueror is.

Until now we have basically a rough overview what can be done with konqy.
We don't have more detailed information than "you can configure konqy with xml
files" or "konqy can embed kparts".

I think it would be a good idea to add information to www.konqueror.org:

-give an overview over the existing kparts, also about 3rd party kparts: ps/
pdf, pictures, videos, koffice, html, kwrite, konsole, ...

-over all ioslaves and what they can do: file, ftp, smb, fish, man, info,
fonts, printer, settings (?), lan, pop3, and countless others

-over all existing konqueror addons/plugins

-over the profiles which come by default with konqueror: web browsing, file
management, ...
introduction to the profiles, and to the xmlui files, so that the visitors are
able to modify them for theirselves

-an overview over the special features of konqy: tabbed browsing, splitted
views, locked and linked views, the sidebar, not-widely known shortcuts and
tips,...

For each mentioned point there should be a screenshot, showing konqueror with
the default layout and demonstrating the particular feature.
Additionally there should be a section with some examples of different looks
of konqy.

Bye
Alex