Showing the context menu while a page is loading

Benoit Walter b.walter at free.fr
Sat Jan 17 11:52:54 GMT 2004

I tried to fix the old and annoying bug number 31779
(http://bugs.kde.org/votes.cgi?action=show_bug&bug_id=31779)
and found the following lines in konq_mainwindow.cpp:

  // the page is currently loading something -> Don't enter a local event loop
  // by launching a popupmenu!
  if ( currentView->run() != 0 )
      return;

Is it true to say that it is now safe to remove those lines? The popup will be
removed when the part destroys itself. If a page is currently loading, we are
actually in the same case as a redirection.

That bug is especially annoying for users with a slow connection, I have
already seen users complain about it.

Benoit.