simpler UI for konqy

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jan 15 19:16:23 GMT 2004

On Thursday 15 January 2004 12:03, kfm-devel-request at kde.org wrote:
> From: "Carlos Leonhard Woelz" <carloswoelz at imap-mail.com>
> Subject: Re: simpler UI for konqy
> To: "KDE Usability Project" <kde-usability at kde.org>
> Cc: kfm-devel at kde.org
> Ideal solution: Separation.
> Use konqueror technology to create a lean specialized web browsing
> application, and *keep* the konqueror web browsing profile with close
> resemblance to the file manager profile. (As it is today). Solves (2
> a,b,c and d, 4a and don't incur in 4b, as it would be a different app in
> the user perspective). Keep the konqueror web browsing profile as it is
> today, with minimum differences from the file manager profile.

Yes, this was actually what I suggested. Keep the current offers and add a
simplified web-browsing profile. And maybe a specialized filemanager profile.

And now with current cvs konqy we have the opportunity to play around with it
and try to find a good solution :-)

Maybe we have to code some lines, to increase the possibilities a kpart has to
influence konqys UI (for 3.3).

Bye
Alex