context menu in webbrowser: image link

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Tue Jan 13 18:16:43 GMT 2004

Dnia Tuesday 13 of January 2004 13:58, Fabian Wolf napisaƂ:
> On Tuesday 13 January 2004 13:16, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> But not on the following ones:
> > Open with
> > 	Open *what*?
> > 		Open target with
>
> The "what" is what I did the mouse click on. No question 'bout that.
> I click on something and get to chose "Open with" or "Preview in"... I
> don't think there's anything a user wouldn't understand.
> If it wasn't clear, why didn't you suggest to turn "Open in new window"
> in "Open target in new window"? Right, because it's all clear!
>
> > Preview in ...
> > 	Preview *what*?
> > 		Preview target in
>
> Same here...
>
> > Actions
> > 	Actions on *what*?
> > 		Actions (target)
>
> Hmm,... I don't like "actions" at all. Everything I can chose in those
> menus has some sort of action associated.
> I'd prefer: "More options", "Other actions" ... something like that.

IMO still should be something about target. I am insisting on putting
target everywhere because even on kde-usability list when I post this
propositions first time someone opposed all these (Open, Preview,
Actions) apply to current page, thus this is _not_ clear what is
affected.

If you are changing other elements and say something about target
in points where 'target' is not mentioned people will tend to think this
is about current page.

Open in new window and Open in new tab are rather entrenched in people's
minds.

> > View Image (interviews.gif)
> > 	Maybe 'Open Image' would be better?
>
> I prefer "view", b/c of the following reason:
> My girlfriend who is pretty new to computers thinks it's better ;)

I fully agree with someone who is 'pretty new to computers' (no irony
or something else here). :)

m.