WARNING: KDE detected X Error

Andy Brice andyb1 at btclick.com
Mon Jan 12 19:14:15 GMT 2004

> > I get this error message output to the console when I start up my app
which
> > embeds a KHtmlPart browser:
> >
> > WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
\x08
> >   Major opcode:  *
>
> Add a "<< kdBacktrace()" to this kdWarning in kapplication.cpp, to see
what's causing it.
> You might have to run your app with the -sync command-line option for a
better result.

There doesn't appear to be a kapplication.cpp installed with SuSe 9.

Although I am an experienced C++/Qt programmer I knowledge of KDE is
limited. Please can someone point me at an appropriate web page telling me
what I have to do to get a debug version of KApplication with source.

thanks

Andy