Strg-+/- broken?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Jan 10 21:30:28 GMT 2004

On Saturday 10 January 2004 01:06, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 09 January 2004 19:54, Simon Perreault wrote:
> > On January 9, 2004 13:15, David Faure wrote:
> > > The fix would be to NOT create the action if the GUIProfile isn't
> > > Browser.
> >
> > Does the attached patch fix the problem?
>
> At least for me it fixes the problem.
>
> > If so, is it ok to commit?
>
> I don't know the exact semantics of
> if ( d->m_guiProfile == BrowserViewGUI ) {
>
> Does this mean that zooming only works with the "Web Browsing" profile?
No - this is about another kind of profile.
KHTML only knows about two kinds of apps using it: those that use it as an HTML viewer,
and those that use it as a web browser. The above means that the zooming is only
available in the "web browser" mode.

> Maybe a way to specify whether zooming with the keyboard should be
> possible would be better.
Maybe. But how many other methods would we end up with, if we had one
for every possible shortcut? Looking at the source, I see that
* Ctrl+U -> "View Document Source". Obviously this should be in BrowserViewGUI only?
* Ctrl+I -> "View Document Information". Ditto
(and Ctrl+S -> "Save", probably same thing)

But why don't Ctrl+U and Ctrl+I "work" in KMail (i.e. trigger the above actions) ?
Does KMail do anything to disable them? I'm somewhat confused now....