PopupFlags in konq_listviewwidget.cc

Julian Rockey linux at jrockey.com
Sat Jan 3 13:08:54 GMT 2004

On Saturday 03 Jan 2004 12:33, David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 03 January 2004 13:14, Julian Rockey wrote:
> > David, OK thanks, I've done that, works fine on 3.2 now.
> > Actually now I reflect I don't think BC is kept between releases for
> > konqueror parts anyway - in my experience I always have to rebuild my
> > app, otherwise I get undefined symbol errors in konq_listview.so anyway,
> > i.e.
>
> konq_listview.so is a part, not a library. You're not supposed to link to
> it, that's not portable.
I'm using the konq_listview part, i.e.
  KLibFactory *konqtreelist = KLibLoader::self()->factory("konq_listview");
The undefined symbols happen at run-time.

> > kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: library=konq_listview:
> > file=/opt/non-portage/ kde/HEAD/lib/kde3/konq_listview.la:
> > /opt/non-portage/kde/HEAD/lib/kde3/ konq_listview.so: undefined symbol:
> > _ZN9KListView8takeItemEP13QListViewIte
>
> Hmm? This looks strange though. This virtual function reimplementation was
> _added_, not removed, which is forward-compatible. Check with ldd, the only
> explanation I can think of, is that you compiled with kde-3.2 but run it
> with kde-3.1....
Ah yes, executable was built with library path-names built in, so was loading
the 3.1 libraries, which were then trying to load the 3.2 part per KDEDIRS,
hence it going wrong. So my fault, sorry!
cheers
Julian