Konqueror as a webdav client?

Peter Gostelow gostelow at global.co.za
Fri Jan 2 06:27:32 GMT 2004

On 02 January 2004 03:07, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 15:59 pm, Peter Gostelow wrote:
> > > Yes :) It does not yet have any notion of proper versioning support yes
> > > for example. Though this as already stated is being worked on in
> > > kdenonbeta. Also to track down how the webDAV extension are currently
> > > implemented, you might want to take a look at
> > > kdelibs/kioslave/http/http.cc
> >
> > Last I checked the versioning wasn't final, so I didn't expect any
> > support. Would it be useful to anyone if I did a writeup on the imp?
>
> I certainly don't think it would hurt...
>
> If you are familiar with the Konqueror design (that is, how the HTTP
> kioslave, the KHTML renderer and the wrapper shell work together), it might
> be worth doing some kind of requirements analysis and subsequent allocation
> (functional baseline and allocated baseline if you know systems
> engineering :-) would be worth while.

eeww, no on all accounts. But it didn't stop me building a GNU/Linux from the
ground up (tarballs only) and learning UNIX in the process:) What you're
suggesting is completely different.

> In terms of something like webDAV, it would probably make more sense to do
> it at a KDE level, rather than just looking at Konqueror. That is, consider
> how Quanta fits in, whether webDAV should be a seperate kioslave, how
> webDAV groupware works with KDE PIM apps, and so on.

Yes, that is a better approach, but the learning curve is quite steep...
I'll go through the sources and take it from there. I glanced at http.cc and
seen where the properties are handled, but I'll reserve comments until I've
been through the rest of it, heh.

Thanks for getting me this far, I really appreciate it.
Peter