I need help to fix the bug 68483 (MSN unable to connect with Konqueror offline browsing mode)

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at tiscalinet.be
Fri Feb 27 21:16:22 GMT 2004

Hello

I need help to fix the Bug 68483.

Kopete uses, in order to connect to msn,  KIO::get()  to download a asp page
trought https, that page is parsed, and the auth info extracted.

The problem is that when konqueror is in offline mode, a message box appears
"saying
The file or folder
https://msnialogin.passport.com/ppsecure/post.srf?lc=1033&id=507&tw=40&cbid=507&da=passport.com&login=***&domain=passport.com&passwd=***
does not exist."

I've already tried several things like
job->addMetaData("cache", "reload");
job->addMetaData("no-cache", "true");

But that does not work.

It's maybe a problem with KIO or Konqueror.  I think that such as konqueror
settings shouldn't affect the whole kde.  (and even, this error message is
definitively not the right)

someone in #kde-devel asked me to ask on this list.
please CC me.

thanks for all information you could give me.

Oh, and while you are here, i've a question about another bug (Bug 75511)
Has something changed in the way KHTMLpart handle animated images?  (I haven't
verrified that bug yet)