CTRL+PageDown and CTRL+PageUp as tab navigation

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Mon Feb 23 02:54:39 GMT 2004

(CC'ing to kde-usability to get opinions on whether CTRL+Page[Down/Up] should
be made default for switching tabs...)

On February 20, 2004 4:40, David Faure wrote:
> Personally I think Ctrl+PgUp/PgDown is the only shortcut that makes sense,
> on all keyboard layouts. Whichever other one we keep, it'll be for
> backwards compatibility only.

We can't do this without modifying
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/keys/cursorKeys.html,
which would break apps like KGhostscript.

> BTW kstdaccel's static array has room for only two, but the KAccel* classes
> support more than two alternate shortcuts, no? If yes, then we can simply
> set the third one in konq_mainwindow.cc

How can we do that? I tried KShortcut::append()'ing the new shortcut; it
compiles but it doesn't work. Also, in the Configure Shortcuts dialog there
is room for only two shortcuts, so people wouldn't be able to properly
customize that shortcut.

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80 at nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org