Patch: improved offline browsing for KDE-3.2.0

MG maps4711 at gmx.de
Sat Feb 21 20:01:59 GMT 2004

Hi,

the attached patch improves offline browsing behavior in Konqueror. In short,
it implements more aggressive caching. Every object is cached regardless of
no-cache requests from webservers.  The patch even takes care of javascript.

You'll see the effect of this patch on slashdot. Try surfing to slashdot,
select offline browsing, kill Konqueror (important) and surf to slashdot
again. The unpatched browser shows broken images, while with my patch it will
show the page as visited.

It also updates the cache configuration GUI. Now it is possible to select all
five different HTTP cache strategies.

Read the included README for details.

Note: I am not subscribed, so please reply directly

Greets,

Matthias Grimrath