[patch] inlines

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.com
Fri Feb 13 19:37:16 GMT 2004

Le Vendredi 13 Février 2004 17:54, Dirk Mueller a écrit :
> On Thursday 12 February 2004 18:20, Germain Garand wrote:
> > I'm investigating the inherited border issue right now (looks like a
> > bogus style diff to me)... though Dirk seems to already have a fix for
> > it?
>
> No, I don't. The problem is that we don't have proper RenderStyle
> calculation for first-letter.
>have a look at pseudoStyle generation stuff
> which is in the WebCore tree, it looks acceptable to me.

I just did. it has quite some ramifications however... split of
styleForElement in cssstyleselector, updateFirstLetter, and they have a new
_pseudoBits thing in the non-inherited flags (not sure if that's needed...
have you any intention of opening another bitfield there?)

I'll try to merge what can be...
In the meantime, what about the simple attached patch for an easy backport?
Getting an exact duplicate of the block's RenderStyle for first-letter is
wrong I think. This pseudo-style is only "hosted" by the block until the
pseudo-element is inserted latter on, so it should just inherit from it, no?