[patch] inlines

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.com
Wed Feb 11 12:52:31 GMT 2004

Le Mardi 10 Février 2004 19:53, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
> Am Dienstag 10 Februar 2004 20:36 schrieb Leo Savernik:
> > I'd say commit this to HEAD soon, and if Dirk and Coolo agree, backport
> > it.
>
> I have 614 tests with changed renderer tree output, so figuring alone if
> everything is harmless offset shift will take a while.

Sure ;(
But actually, if you take off the RenderInline changes which aren't
significant, it's rather ~ 300 testcases.
I have also toyed a bit with the possibility to compare positions and only
account for changes > e.g 2pix.

See attached script (meant to be to run on a log of "diff -ru
regressions/baseline regressions/output", invoked as e.g:

$ diff_regressions.pl  -r RenderInline -t 3 log.diff

will skip lines with ^[-+]\s*RenderInline and eventually remove the file from
output if it's the only diff for it, then take a 3 pixels threshold for
keeping or throwing diffs in XxY coordinates provided the rest of the line is
identical.)

Here, I got 316 changes without RenderInlines, and 131 changed testcases with
a 2 pixel threshold

That's with a week old test_regression...
I tried updating, but now test_regression aborts, rumbling about unicode fonts
that I thought I had installed ;(

(when I do a "xfd -fn
'-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--12-*-75-75-p-*-iso10646-1'", I have
 -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--12-120-75-75-p-67-iso10646-1 displayed,
isn't that good enough?!)

> I guess I better
> implement the screenshot comparision soon so we have a better way to
> tell what tests actually changed.

I'm not convinved this would be much more significant than a pure textual
compare but I can't wait to see the proof of concept, just for the hell of it
:)

Germain