spell check in text areas question

David Joham djoham at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 01:27:14 GMT 2004

Hello all,

This seems like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find info on this anywhere. My wife just
installed Mandrake 9.2.1 and commented that her Konqueror no longer offered the right-click
spellcheck option in HTML text areas. Her version is 3.1.4. My Konq 3.10 (Mandrake 9.1) has this
option as well as my compiled from source 3.2. Oddly enough, Konqueror has the option to configure
spellchecking from the settings menu.

I guess I have the following question:

Was textarea spellchecking something mandrake patched in for 9.1 (konq 3.1) and then removed for
9.2.1 (konq 3.1.4) or was this feature in konq all along. If it was in konq all along, when was it
added? She has every spelling utility I know of installed, but still the right-click menu does not
give a spellcheck option. If that option should be there, how do I enable it?

Thanks for any assistance!

David