[patch] konqi using searchline

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Sat Dec 25 16:23:17 GMT 2004

On Friday 24 December 2004 15:41, David Faure wrote:
> I hope it doesn't slow down listing of big directories too much - even when
> not shown, the connect()s will trigger the filtering code, right?

You mean the searchline widget?
Yes, the connect is triggered, but as the widget is not visible, the filter
string is empty, which then does only one if in
KListViewSearchLine::itemMatches()
    if(s.isEmpty())
        return true;

I think this should be no problem for the speed.

> Why did you remove the filterdir action from the toolbars? Was that
> intentional? If yes it needs an OK from Dawit I guess, as the dirfilter
> maintainer.

First idea was to have a filter-icon, a clear button, a searchfield.
The filter-icon should be there to have a clear differentiation from the next
clear+textfield to not be mixed up with the clear+locationfield.
Then I thought why not use the filter-action button, instead of only an
inactive icon.
Therefore I changed the .rc file.
Previous versions had the filter-action in the extra Toolbar.
I put it into a new one to be able to plug it into the location-bar.
Is there a way to have both ?
What about to define 2 toolbars in the .rc file ? I tried this and it seems to
work - but I then have in konqueror in the RMB for the Toolbars
 1 Extra Toolbar (Konqueror), which shows the filter-action as before,
but in the configure Toolbars dialog I have
Extra Toolbar <Konqueror>
Extra Toolbar <DirFilter>
Filter Toolbar <DirFilter>

Do you think this is ok?

> Why create both an iconview-searchline and a listview-searchline when only
> one is every going to be used? The plugin is created for each part, so the
> ctor could find out which one it needs, and create that one, and leave the
> other to be 0.

Oops, yes. You're right. I think that was a leftover from my first attempts.

Attached is a new version.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

       Some operating systems are called 'user friendly',
             Linux however is 'expert friendly'.