Render of Thai text with and without mouse selection

Pattara Kiatisevi ott-list at thaigate.nii.ac.jp
Fri Dec 24 05:03:44 GMT 2004

On Friday 24 December 2004 00:45, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. Dezember 2004 11:45 schrieb Pattara Kiatisevi:
> > Hello kfm-devel,
> >
> > I'm not sure if this is a problem of KHTML but maybe you guys
> > here have a clue. The problem is for some Thai texts, rendering
> > becomes different when one selects that text with mouse.
>
> Yes, this *is* a problem of khtml. Selection doesn't work for
> Arabic, Hebrew and a multitude of other scripts either.
>
> > Here is the illustration (animated-GIF):
> > http://webls.ex.nii.ac.jp/~pattara/tmp/kde-highlight-problem.gif
>
> The page loads eternally. I haven't yet got all frames.

How about this?
http://webls.ex.nii.ac.jp/~pattara/kde/

Not sure of it is the same problem you mentioned. Because when text is
*selected* it is rendered *correctly*. It is wrong when it is NOT
selected. This happens only for some text though, like in the example
GIF: มีสังสรรค์ไหมวันนี้

MfG and merry chirstmas!
Pattara