Render of Thai text with and without mouse selection

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Thu Dec 23 15:45:29 GMT 2004

Am Donnerstag, 23. Dezember 2004 11:45 schrieb Pattara Kiatisevi:
> Hello kfm-devel,
>
> I'm not sure if this is a problem of KHTML but maybe you guys here
> have a clue. The problem is for some Thai texts, rendering becomes
> different when one selects that text with mouse.

Yes, this *is* a problem of khtml. Selection doesn't work for Arabic, Hebrew
and a multitude of other scripts either.

> Here is the illustration (animated-GIF):
> http://webls.ex.nii.ac.jp/~pattara/tmp/kde-highlight-problem.gif

The page loads eternally. I haven't yet got all frames.

> The text in the input box (first frame) is rendered correctly.

Sure. This is a QTextEdit which doesn't suffer from KHTML bugs.

Lars told us at the Konference how to solve this particular bug in general,
but it's difficult to integrate the fix into KHTML's current architecture.
Don't expect it to be fixed before KDE 4.0.

[...]

mfg
 Leo