Konq Sidebar & Kiosk

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at kde.org
Mon Dec 20 20:21:53 GMT 2004

Hi

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 14:11 +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The way in which the Konq Sidebar stores its configuration doesn't nicely work
> together with Kiosk restrictions and Kiosk profiles. The changes that added
> support for konqueror profiles didn't exactly improved the situation either.
>
> I would very much like to redesign the way in which the sidebar stores its
> configuration so that it more closely follows the design ideas represented by
> KConfig and KStandardDirs.
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

My answer is a littlebit late, but I don't have a problem if you do a
redesign anyways. Just please have ensure that the embedded sidebar in
kicker keeps working too.
When i implemented it I tried to make it behave like kdesktops initial
setup code. Back than I planned to do something like configurable
virtual folder hierarchies too, but never had the time to do it.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger