kio_mhtml: QGArray::at: Absolute index XXXXX out of range

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Sun Dec 19 23:19:47 GMT 2004

Am Sonntag, 19. Dezember 2004 22:59 schrieb Spiros Georgaras:
> Leo Savernik wrote:
> > Downloaded and compiled.
> >
> > I've assembled a patch that cleans up the includes, and fixes the
> > Makefile.am to work with KDE's autoconf magic.
>
> Thanks for the patch. Applied...
>
> > Btw, as kio_mhtml is more a library than a stand alone application, would
> > you consider changing its license from the GPL to the LGPL?
>
> What is the difference? I know nothing about licencing...

LGPLed code is allowed to be linked against non GPL-compatible code. GPLed
code may only be linked against GPL-compatible code.

Usually one uses GPL for applications, and LGPL for libraries.

All libraries in KDE are licensed under the LGPL to allow them being linked
against proprietary, commercial software (closed source). As kio_mhtml serves
more as a library than a stand-alone applications, LGPL would fit better.

This is only a suggestion. Solely you as the original and sole copyright
holder can perform such a change.

> You see all this is new to me :)

Find more information under [1, 2, 3]. Concerning [3], LGPL is the better
choice for KDE libraries as otherwise proprietary vendors would simply go for
gnome, motif, etc.

> How do I do it? Just change the starting comment in every file?

Yes, a simple search and replace over all files should do.

> Since I started committing to CVS, I found out that the problem with the
> 'QGArray::at: Absolute index XXXXX out of range' message disappeared.
> Can you please check and tell me. Do you know what might cause this message
> to appear?

I didn't encounter it yet in my superficial tests.

> I have been working with mhtml files from
> http://dsv.su.se/jpalme/ietf/mhtml-test/mhtml.html.

So did I :-)

> They all contain html
> files (as main document). I have searched the web for others but no luck.
> Do you know where I could find some with xml or xhtml as main doc?

Then this means ýou have to make up your own. You could simply convert some
mhtml-x.mhtmls from dsv.su.se.

mfg
 Leo

[1] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html