KHTML-Patch - show frame around not-yet-loaded images

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Fri Dec 17 16:36:29 GMT 2004

Le Vendredi 17 Décembre 2004 15:30, Leo Savernik a écrit :
> Am Freitag, 17. Dezember 2004 13:33 schrieb Germain Garand:

> According the visual impression: Let's not forget that the loading image
> indicator is transient. It will pose no issues as soon as the page is fully
> loaded.
> That said, if we show a loading image indicator at all, 1it should be
> immediately discernible as such (from normal borders, etc).

Agreed, but that transient aspect is precisely an obvious signal and that's
why I disagree with:

> That's why I
> opt for the Netscape version: It's clearly visible whose place the
> rectangle holds, and can be expected to be known by users (b/c of
> precedents in NN, Moz and IE).

there is no need for that: it is already identified in a matter of using the
application for 3 minutes. I even tested that point with some random innocent
subject.

I think it is irrelevant to clutter our rendering with bad memories from the
IE4/NS4 days just for the sake of dubious habits. This is not our legacy.
This is not even IE's legacy anymore for the vast majority of IE users.

> This certainly includes the use of the image icon.

If it is already identified, then that uselessly break requirement #2:
make it as unintrusive as possible...

I say: If that's your most important concern then let's try the most simple
version in cvs for some time and gather reactions. We have time for that.

> mfg
>  Leo
>
> PS.: It seems that tiny problems tend to cause huge discussions ;-)

and with my oustanding answer pace, I think we'll still be here at Christmas
:)

Greetings,
Germain