[patch] konqi using searchline

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Tue Dec 14 18:34:13 GMT 2004

On Sunday 12 December 2004 22:10, Martin Koller wrote:
> The problem here is that the ctor seems to be called whenever the viewmode
> is changed, but using the IconView the part has already a widget, but using
> the ListView, the widget is always 0.

I found the problem:
The konq_listview calls
setInstance( KonqListViewFactory::instance() );
as the first statement in the ctor. This also loads the plugins.

The IconView does this later after the widget has already been set.

Therefore I tried with the following (attached) patch.

Only point I'm not absolutely sure is, if some calls before setInstance(),
e.g. setXMLFile would already need something which was done inside
setInstance().

What do you think ? Is this safe to commit ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

       Some operating systems are called 'user friendly',
             Linux however is 'expert friendly'.