[patch] konqi using searchline

Maks Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Mon Dec 13 06:41:39 GMT 2004

Martin Koller wrote:

> On Sunday 12 December 2004 17:53, Datschge wrote:
>> If for better or worse I
>> don't know, it just isn't consistent. ;)
>
> You're right. So I'm looking into adding it to the dirfilter konq-plugin.

<snip>

The difference here is that the dirfilter is the plugin of the views, while
the searchbar is a konqueror plugin. The former get associated with each
part/view, the latter with a single konqueror window. The reason it's done
as a window-wide plugin in the searchbar is to avoid flicker when switching
tabs due to one part unplugging its searchbar and another showing it.

And the reason the code below fails inside dirfilter is because of the line
above what you quoted:
KParts::MainWindow* mainWin = static_cast<KParts::MainWindow*>(parent);

The parent of the filter is the part, not the mainwindow.