Middle Clicking on BookmarkBar and BookmarkMenu entries

Daniel Teske teske at squorn.de
Mon Dec 13 18:15:11 GMT 2004

>Oops, didn't notice that patch, since the bugzilla component owner is still lypanov...
>
>One question about that one: why is it needed to replace the Middle mouse button
>with Left in the mousePress/mouseRelease of ktoolbarbutton? Because of some
>QToolButton code relating to the up/down state of the button?

QToolbarButton (or rather its ancestor QButon) doesn't react to middle
clicking. That is probably a bug, but the QT Widgets don't consistently
handle middle clicking.

>I prefer this patch since it doesn't add a new member var in KToolbarButton;

Neither does mine. It does add a new function and a new member var in
KToolBarButtonPrivate.

And Stefans patch doesn't work:
Konqueror only catches ButtonClicked for the toplevel menu. Any middle
clicking in submenues isn't handled.
After selecting a bookmark with a middle click, any activation by
keyboard will open a new tab.

daniel