iconview behaviour changing, possible or not?

Unai Garro ugarro at telefonica.net
Sun Dec 12 11:56:33 GMT 2004

On Saturday 11 December 2004 23:43, David Faure wrote:
> Your mail subject and this screenshot don't describe the same thing at all.
> I thought you wanted to reimplement konq_iconview, but in fact the iconview
> is fine, it's *only* the popupmenu that you want to customize, right?

Not only the popup menu. Look at the screenshot again, on the left folder
tree. The folders show a green icon on folders that have not been changed.
Same goes on the right side for the files. The red "!" sign indicates they
have been changed.

Depending on this state, the popup menu shows different actions (diff, commit,
update...)

It even indicates conflicts when you update from the repository and there are
conflicts to be resolved.

> From a later mail:
> > Konqui would need to dig into every directory, search for
> > <dirname>/.svn directories and check if any file has been changed since
> > the last update. Then an icon would show if the directory is up-to-date
> > or needs committing.
>
> OK, the best way I see to do that would be
> 1) split konqueror/iconview into a library + a part (so that it's possible
> to link to KonqKfmIconView) 2) add a virtual method createFileIVI which
> simply calls new KFileIVI like done now 3) add a KFileIVI constructor which
> takes a pixmap (or icon name) instead of requesting it from
> KFileItem::pixmap
> Then in your KonqKfmIconView reimplementation you can create KFileIVIs with
> a different pixmap than the default one.

Ok, thanks. I'll look into this.

	Unai