white-space:pre

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Fri Dec 10 15:28:58 GMT 2004

Hello developers

I have attached a small 3-liner merge that enables white-space:pre support in
KHTML.

There is a catch ofcourse since I haven't applied it.
KWQ seems to treat \n as a space where the real Qt renders it as a box(!).
This means even after several patches and clean-ups in renderText and bidi
that there are still rendered a few boxes here and there.

As far as I can tell the few remaining boxes are mostly trailing new-lines,
but I haven't figured out how to eliminate them yet.

I've considered and tried several ideas. One of the better working have been
to clean all strings before letting Qt render them, this also fixes the boxes
rendered for LRM and RLM, but has problems with calculated widths.

`Allan