HTTP Digest Authentication Problems (K 3.2.3/Apache 2.0.50)

Sean Lynch lynch30 at marshall.edu
Sat Aug 21 17:54:40 BST 2004

On Saturday 21 August 2004 11:31 am, Stephen Hildrey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 05:20:19PM +0200, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Saturday 21 August 2004 16:53, Stephen Hildrey wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > *update CVS*
> >
> > Works just fine here :-)
> >
> > > I've set up a test URL which is using digest authentication:
> > > http://www.uptime.org.uk/authtest/ user:foo pass:bar. I can't get that
> > > to work in Konqueror, but it works fine in IE/Firefox. If you can get
> > > it working using Konqueror, I'd like to know ;-)
> > >
> > > I'd be very grateful to anybody who can shed light on this problem,
> >
> > Konqueror failed to pars the
> > 	domain="/authtest/ http://www.uptime.org.uk/authtest/"
> > part correctly.
> >
> > If you only specify one domain Konqueror will understand it.
>
> Ah, interesting! I've changed the config to specify only /authtest/ now
> and, as you say, it works as expected. Well spotted!
>
> I must admit that me specifying two domains (both the path and the URI)
> was down to a mis-parsing of the Apache docs on my part :-), but it's
> good that it'll now be supported.
>
> > Fixed for KDE 3.3.1.
>
> Many thanks,
> Steve

When I go here, http://www.marshall.edu/career-services/PTJ/ptjobsmain.asp,
and click on any of the Browse Part-Time Jobs links in the box, I get an
instant error message "Error: Access is Denied.".  With firefox it prompts
for the authentication.  I'm not sure if this is related to the previous
example, but wanted to point it out none the less.

Sean Lynch