HTTP Digest Authentication Problems (K 3.2.3/Apache 2.0.50)

Stephen Hildrey steve at uptime.org.uk
Sat Aug 21 16:31:03 BST 2004

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 05:20:19PM +0200, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Saturday 21 August 2004 16:53, Stephen Hildrey wrote:
[snip]

> *update CVS*
>
> Works just fine here :-)
>
> > I've set up a test URL which is using digest authentication:
> > http://www.uptime.org.uk/authtest/ user:foo pass:bar. I can't get that
> > to work in Konqueror, but it works fine in IE/Firefox. If you can get it
> > working using Konqueror, I'd like to know ;-)
> >
> > I'd be very grateful to anybody who can shed light on this problem,
>
> Konqueror failed to pars the
> 	domain="/authtest/ http://www.uptime.org.uk/authtest/"
> part correctly.
>
> If you only specify one domain Konqueror will understand it.

Ah, interesting! I've changed the config to specify only /authtest/ now
and, as you say, it works as expected. Well spotted!

I must admit that me specifying two domains (both the path and the URI)
was down to a mis-parsing of the Apache docs on my part :-), but it's
good that it'll now be supported.

> Fixed for KDE 3.3.1.

Many thanks,
Steve
--
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
		-- Alfred Jarry