[Patch] scrollbars

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Tue Aug 3 04:49:56 BST 2004

Le Vendredi 30 Juillet 2004 08:57, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
> Because the regression testing is there to test for regressions. This very
> patch caused regressions and Dirk wanted to have a look.

I think I have something... I don't know if maybe Dirk could review it? See
attached patch.

It appears our scrollbar problems stem from the fact that the view's content
is always sized to at least the extent of the viewport.
Hence when a scrollbar is scheduled for showing, the space it takes on the
viewport immediately makes the other scrollbar appear in the same go (from
within QScrollView::updateScrollbars) because there is (artificially) no room
for it in the content.

The same goes for shrinking the view when resizing: at this point, the
viewport is always smaller than the content, so scrollbars tend to appear
(#84798, also in the scope of the patch).

Unfortunately, as I get rid of this part:
-        // be optimistic and say that we never need a vertical
-        // scroll bar. fixes ugly cyclic recalculation chains
-        // with QScrollView.
-        QSize s = m_view->viewportSize(m_view->contentsWidth(),
the [R] tree is different on about 500 testcases (the canvas width is now
correct - i.e, reflects the vertical scrollbar status).

As for painting, there are about 20 scrollbar differences, and they look like
fixes to me (e.g mozilla/dom/dom-html/hquo002.html didn't have a horizontal
scrollbar at png generation time, now gets one)

Likewise, relevant testcases from #61730 look fine (#59,#65,#68,#72) ;
#69613 does not regress.

Greetings,
Germain