Extending Icons and Context Menus

Sashmit Bhaduri smt at vfemail.net
Sat Apr 17 15:43:50 BST 2004

On Thursday 15 April 2004 15:47, Calvin Gaisford wrote:
> I am investigating developing a "Windows Explorer Shell Extension" type
> plugin for Konqueror and am having trouble locating the information I
> need.  Basically I need to add items to the context menus when users
> right click on specific documents or folders.

Hi Calvin,

You might want to investigate using the KonqPopupMenuPlugin API. It is more
powerful than using service menus. There aren't many docs or tutorials for
it, however, you can see an example KonqPopupMenuPlugin in
kdeaddons/konq-plugins/kuick/. This plugin provides the "Copy To"/"Move To"
actions in Konqueror's context menus.