Wrong charsets picked up

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at kdemail.net
Wed Apr 14 04:50:29 BST 2004

Dirk Mueller wrote:
>That patch doesn't look correct to me. The web browser has to ignore
> the HTTP charset when the document specifies one. Your patch appears
> to break this.

Indeed, I see the problem. Let me try and fix it...

Here goes a new attempt at the patch.

>> As for the remaining case, I'd suggest that local file's default
>> encoding be the locale encoding. Any thoughts?
>
>I don't think thats a very good default. Otherwise the user will not
>understand why a stylesheet works when being local, but not anymore
> after uploading to the webserver.

Sorry, I don't agree. So as not to break when uploaded, we break
locally? The advantage in this is that we make people use charset to
specify the right encoding in their webpages.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info