Wrong charsets picked up

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed Apr 14 01:51:53 BST 2004

On Friday 09 April 2004 23:58, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Also for the last two cases, I've come up with a fix. It's attached to
> bug #79065. I want to commit it if possible.

That patch doesn't look correct to me. The web browser has to ignore the HTTP
charset when the document specifies one. Your patch appears to break this.

> As for the remaining case, I'd suggest that local file's default
> encoding be the locale encoding. Any thoughts?

I don't think thats a very good default. Otherwise the user will not
understand why a stylesheet works when being local, but not anymore after
uploading to the webserver.

Dirk