java patch

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Sep 5 14:31:26 BST 2003

On Friday 05 September 2003 09:26, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, George Staikos wrote:
> > >
> > > Dunno, JavaPath will be empty in most of the (failure) cases no?
> >
> >    Well that will be useful for debugging too, I think.  The user can
> > know much earlier why it failed.
>
> Well, if you think
>     Error: Java executable not found, or could not be started.
>     []
> make sense for a user. Will help with bug reports of course..I think the
> patch should do something with an empty JavaPath (eg.
>     [java executable not configured]
> )

  yes that's the idea.  I didn't commit it because it's rough, but it
demonstrates the idea.  I think Java configuration is a bit difficult still.
It might even be a good idea to allow the launch of the java configuration
module if it isn't already configured.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/