konqueror and persistent tcp connections

Tom Diamond thdiaman at inf.uth.gr
Wed Oct 29 14:53:07 GMT 2003

[I am not subscribed to the list so please CC me]

Hello,

Does konqueror implements persistent tcp connections (HTTP/1.1)?
Two examples :
I am trying to implement a simple web server and doing some tests with
mozilla (latest) and konqueror 3.1.4.
a) when reqeusting a page with an image, mozilla tries to get the image
through the same connection he got the page. Konqueror opens a new
connection (without closing the old one)
b) in a page containing a form (let's say POST method), mozilla sends
back data through the same connection. Konqueror opens a new connection.

So, is it just a matter of implementation or konqueror waits for a
specific header from the server to keep communicating through the same
connection?

[I am not subscribed to the list so please CC me]

Tnx in advance,

Tom.

--
Klein bottle for sale... inquire within.