[patch] Bug 67956: opening a file in a background tab causes konqueror to become confused

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Fri Nov 14 23:16:50 GMT 2003

On Friday 14 November 2003 22:28, Stephan Binner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> problematic for the konq_viewmgr.cc patch seems to be a three year old hack
> from David (m_bLockLocationBarURL in KonqMainWindow, the patch disables it).
>
> Is m_bLockLocationBarURL still necessary today? My guess would be it's not.

OK I played a bit with konq (and debug output and gdb) after removing
m_bLockLocationBarURL and indeed I can't see what it was good for.

Back when it was introduced, the code used to set the location bar URL into the combo
directly. Nowadays we call KonqView::setLocationBarURL which ensures the view
is the current one before doing that. Hmm, still I can't see which bug the bool
tried to fix; at the time only the current view could be replaced IIRC.

I can't see a problem with removing it, I tested the index.html feature,
switching icon<->list views, switching icon<->multicolumn icon, typing
stuff in the location bar (it reverts to the view's URL when switching icon<->list
but not when switching sub-modes in a given viewmode, but this isn't
new, the 2nd case doesn't even go to slotPartChanged at all, and IMO it's fine).

I'd say go ahead and remove m_bLockLocationBarURL.

Thanks.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer