Crash in KonqMostOftenURLSAction

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Nov 14 00:08:12 GMT 2003

Suggested fix for this crash.

The patch is a bit big because it:

- reduces the amount of stuff done upon creation. It all used to be done
on demand, but the addition of the setEnabled() stuff (Laurent, careful with
code you don't know!) made it load everything on creation AND set the
locked bool to true, which is why konq didn't notice when the history was
cleared.

- handles better such concurrency issues. I removed the lock bool,
and keep a KURL::List of the urls being shown in the popup. This makes
it possible to allow all changes to s_mostEntries while the popup is shown.
Unfortunately we can't save memory and clear that list when the menu is
hidden, because when activating a menu item aboutToHide() is emitted.
*before* activated()...

Posting to kfm-devel for review before committing.