[kde] KMail&MozillaFirebird

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Nov 11 22:42:18 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 23:16, Shift wrote:
> HTTP can send anything (images, sound, text, html,...)
> What should Konqueror do if we click on a url like this
> http://pipo.com/myimage.gif ? Should he try do display it internally ?

It already does, by default, if you click on a link to that GIF from within Konqueror itself.
I can't see a problem with that, though.

(This discussion is mostly about clicking on links in mails, and typing urls in minicli,
etc. - anything that's initially done *outside* of konqueror).

> when it can't display the .gif image it try to found html on it
Konq doesn't do that. Either the thing is detected as GIF or as HTML from
the start, but we don't "try both".

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer