konqueror (khtml) jumbling-up images

Sarang Lakare sarang at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 4 16:51:28 BST 2003

You are right.. its the PNG loader that is causing problems. The image that is
giving problem was created using ImageMagic.. I just applied scaling to an
original image which loads just fine under KDE. The problematic image loads
just fine using image magic and eog (Eye Of Gnome). So I suppose that there
is something wrong with KDE's PNG component?

Anyway, The broken image is placed here for those who want to hunt the bug
down:
http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~lsarang/pub/broken-image.png

Sarang

On Sunday 04 May 2003 07:14 am, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Saturday 03 May 2003 20:20, Sarang Lakare wrote:
> > Open it in mozilla and konqueror and compare the images on the second row
> > in the image gallary (foot dataset). Konqueror is not showing the correct
> > images, but rather arbitrarily replacing the images with some other ones!
>
> Looks like the PNG images are either corrupt or at least making Konqueror's
> PNG loader corrupt them. Right-click the image and select 'view image'.
> Next press F5 or click the reload button a few times - every time you do
> you get different garbage.
>
> This is with SuSE 8.2's KDE, I haven't rebuilt CVS HEAD yet since my
> reinstall.

Sarang Lakare
mailto:sarang at users#sourceforge.net
web:http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~lsarang/linux
!!Join the fight for freedom - Go GNU/Linux!!