Java authentification (Was Getting the http username/password for a part)

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 8 00:59:32 GMT 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, George Staikos wrote:

>   Should this fix any particular outstanding bugs or problem sites?  I didn't
> get to test the patch yet, but I see it in CVS now so I can try from there.
> ;)

Just discovered that webmin can be configured not using session
management (Webmin Configuration|Authentication), it will use http
authentication instead. That means you can test it with the
Other|FileManager module.

I don't see a solution on cookie based authentication now. All I need is
the calling java.net.URLConnection in SecurityManager.checkPermission and
add the cookie with setRequestProperty (at least I think so :) ).

Maybe a proxy server interface on kio is the only way...

Koos