Java authentification (Was Getting the http username/password for a part)

Christian Müller cmueller at gmx.de
Fri Mar 7 23:11:50 GMT 2003

Am Freitag, 7. März 2003 20:38 schrieb Koos Vriezen:
> On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, George Staikos wrote:
> >   Should this fix any particular outstanding bugs or problem sites?  I
> > didn't get to test the patch yet, but I see it in CVS now so I can try
> > from there. ;)
>
> I was reminded for bug 49971. Unforunately it doesn't contain an url to
> test it (made my own .htaccess for it).
> Consider it a new feature and, I guess, quite usefull for web applications
> on so called intranet sites and browser configurable devices.

Absolutely.  I just came across this problem in our intranet.
I set up a java applet for our web developers that didn't work with Konqi,
but with IE and Mozilla it did...
I was about to go to bugs.kde.org when I read you were already
working on it. Thanks for tackling this.

Any chance the fix will go into 3.1.1?

Christian.