Nsplugins and javascript: urls

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sat Mar 1 01:20:14 GMT 2003

On Friday 28 February 2003 19:48, Peter Kelly wrote:
> >   I'm not talking about a kioslave for javascript access.   I'm more
> > considering doing a liveconnect style of system (after discussions with
> > Koos), much like we have in KJava.  The NS plugin spec already provides
> > for this.  We will of course have plenty of security checks in the end.
>
> This is the best approach I think. A kioslave is just not appropriate for
> javascript, as it's dependent on a specific document in which the
> javascript gets executed.

   I was thinking about this some more today, and I wonder if it would make
sense to put a script extension into kparts.  Effectively we have one kpart
which has this already (kjava), another which needs it asap (nsplugins), and
future ones which have a need for it (kswfdec).  I would hate to see this
code be replicated so many times if it's avoidable.

--

George Staikos